So… Today… I discovered that there’s a kid in my school named ‘Lestat’. Not only that, but his two siblings are ALSO named after Anne Rice’s characters.
I find this hilarious.
Which got me to thinking …
Teachers: Any interesting names (FIRST NAMES ONLY) on your Roll?
Admittedly, I was really worried. I thought I’d be wrestling off feral children, dealing with a poorly-equipped school and pining for home in the city.
But I LOVE the school, the structure, the learning, the staff, the support, everything. My Year 1s are AMAZING kids. And I could live up here, really, if I wanted to.
- BIGGER WATER BOTTLE
My throat is killing me. I’m SO dehydrated. And I was outdoors ALL DAY in clear blue sky and didn’t bring my sunscreen… So, yes, I have a bright red sunburn in the shape of my v-necked t-shirt. And I have to go to a wedding in 2 weeks.
On a side-note… Does anybody know of any great places to find Reliever/Substitute lesson plans? I’m thinking about having a look at what’s out there. Link me?
- The clock in the instructor’s room will be wrong.
- Disaster will occur when visitors are in the room.
- A subject interesting to the teacher will bore students.
- The time a teacher takes in explaining is inversely proportional to the information retained by students.
- A meeting’s length will be directly proportional to the boredom the speaker produces.
- Students who are doing better are credited with working harder. If children start to do poorly, the teacher will be blamed.